Monasteries of the Heart brings the Rule of Benedict, the person, and the community together to do again in our own time what is needed to revive our spiritual energy, our recognition of common values, and a sense of vibrant and effective human community.
You are invited to live a radical Christian life.
You are invited to join 5,000 seekers around the globe who are creating a new form of monastic life for a new society.
You are invited to join Monasteries of the Heart.
Do you desire that God becomes the rhythm of your day
Do you believe there is wisdom in ancient traditions like the Benedictine way of life that offer insights and alternatives to alienation, violence, injustice, oppression and ecological devastation
Do you prefer thoughtful questions not definitive, dogmatic answers to spiritual issues
Do you bow before the dignity of each human being regardless of their gender, sexual orientation or religious tradition
Do you care to be a loving listener to the heartbeat of the world
Do you yearn for community, a network of seekers who wrestle with the great mysteries of life
If your answer is YES, you have fulfilled the MOH membership requirements.
Benefits of belonging to Monasteries of the Heart:
- You are on the cutting edge of a new expression of monastic life
- You are part of a world-wide movement that springs out of contemplative foundations--together we can sustain the energy, serenity, courage, hope and action needed to build a better tomorrow for our children
- You have access to a daily Scripture reflection from Joan Chittister
- You have access to daily prayer and Benedictine spiritual practices
- You can converse with other seekers by posting and responding to comments
- You can find “soul-partners” who share your passion for the God life
- You can receive a free weekly MOH e-newsletter
- You can register for e-courses on Benedictine spirituality
- You can join an onsite or online Monastery of the Heart community